Δευτέρα 6 Αυγούστου 2012

What a funny way to lose!

Hi all. Last time, I promised to narrate you a personal story. A real funny story.
All started a summer morning back in 2009. I woke up really early in the morning. At 8:30. I have returned home really late and I have slept very few hous, but I wasn't in need of some extra sleep. 2009 was the year I spent the most time playing video games. To be more accurate, 2009 was the year I simply played all day Grand Turismo. Especially, when summer came.
This morning I came to a tough decision. To try and win an 24-hours endurance race. Yes, You read correctly. 24 straight hours race! Without B-Spec help!
That was the ultimate challenge. I chose Nurburgring 24 hours race. I chose my formula car and got in. When I started, it was 9:13 o'clock. My calculations indicated that with lunch and rest breaks I would finish the race 11-12 o'clock next morning.
I started the race and from the beggining, I was first and soon I gained some serious time advantage. By the time 4 hours had already passed, I started to be ahead of my rivals by a whole lap. A whole Nurburgring lap. I lunched , I made my breaks, blah, blah..
Not to mention more info, I will launch directly when the race came in the 15th hour. It was 3 o'clock at night. I was leading by 4 and half laps, when the first fatigue signs appeared. My eyes have turned red. But, I was really determined. At 8 o'clock, the race was in the 19th hour and my body gave up. I closed my eyes and I felt asleep. I was 6 laps ahead of the 2nd, in other words more or less an hour ahead. As a result, my car stopped moving. I woke up 2 hours after, losing my 1 hour advantage and being behind for about an hour. 3 Hours remained till the end and I tried to turn around the situation. I did my best, but I have lost too much time. What a stupid way to lose a race.
Despite the fact I lost 24 hours of my life, I will always remember this day and I laugh always. This is the reason, I play video game. Not for winning, but for being happy.
Stay tuned. In the following posts, I will write about some difficult circuits, guiding you to success. I am looking forward to listening from you. Have fun. See you really soon.
Your friend,
Thanos

PS: You can send your stories at ascoencorp@gmail.com.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου